Change is inevitable, and the best course of action is to embrace it with fascination, not frustration. “Embracing the Era of Addressable TV,” a Forrester Consulting study commissioned by DISH that LiveRamp was proud to cosponsor, takes a look at the TV industry, specifically the actions marketers need to take to navigate the use of data in a world where more of TV advertising is addressable. Here are some key takeaways.
1. Investments in new media channels on the rise.
On top of addressable TV, streaming, and CTV, new media channels are emerging every day, splitting viewership across screens and streams and causing silos and inefficiencies. Marketers are looking for ways to unify the TV buying experience and, as a result, deliver more holistic and unified brand experiences to consumers.
2. Data is exploding, but there are struggles to maximize its potential.
Everyone is talking about leveraging data to build smarter advertising strategies—64% of the respondents in the study want to find ways to maximize the use of data to better define audiences in a privacy-conscious manner. The elements LiveRamp considers critical to success include:
- Access to the right datasets that can add value to the campaign with the option to tie that data together with first-party data, maximizing usage
- Leveraging the data you’re using in a privacy-conscious way
- Unifying data across activation solutions to maximize their effectiveness
3. Cross-screen measurement.
Since TV is no longer a single-screen, single-channel strategy, measurement needs to be truly cross-screen to understand video exposures’ incremental impact on driving business outcomes.
Sounds simple, but the devil’s in the details. Executing a proper cross-screen strategy can be challenging to envision and cumbersome to execute. LiveRamp has done a few things to make it easier for the buyer:
- Partner with the sell-side ecosystem. By giving media owners access to advanced TV audience segmentation and forecasting abilities, they’re now better positioned to service marketers and help them build more data-driven strategies.
- Integrate within platforms to create interoperable solutions. By investing in our products’ and solutions’ portability, we’ve enabled media owners to seamlessly integrate our solutions within their end-platforms. This provides a smoother experience for the marketer and allows them to use complementary solutions.
- Advisory roles for marketers. We understand how daunting the quickly evolving TV ecosystem can be for some marketers. To unlock the true value of marketing, connecting the right data while preserving privacy is paramount. That’s why we work with our clients to help them turn their business goals into a smart cross-screen strategy.
You can read further insights by downloading the full study. Interested in how LiveRamp can maximize the value of your TV spend with data activation and measurement? Send an email to [email protected].