TV measurement often lacks speed and agility, often causing gaps in coverage, exclusion of advanced ad formats, and sometimes manual auditing of exposure data across platforms, resulting in complexities and inaccuracies. Many TV advertising measurement solutions rely heavily on automatic content recognition (ACR) data. Obviously, the more data you’re able to capture and analyze, the more accurate that measurement solution becomes. Consider this industry-appropriate analogy: It’s like the difference between getting your TV signal from rabbit ears vs. visual clarity from cable in HD.
LiveRamp continues to lead the transformation of the TV industry and disrupt the status quo of antiquated measurement and attribution through technology and data partnerships. Today, we announced our partnership with Kinetiq, the first and only scalable solution to unify paid, earned, and owned TV impressions at the household level. This new partnership promises to streamline measurement of all TV ad exposures across traditionally siloed channels. Finally, advertisers can capture a holistic view of their TV investments across all screens and all streams.
LiveRamp TV customers can now enjoy:
- Higher quality and speed for ad captures across all formats, lengths, and language variations. No need to wait for months to get accurate reporting with the data you need to prove ROI and make pivotal cross-screen investment decisions.
- Comprehensive coverage of airings. Access to Kinetiq’s industry-leading ad catalog of 2,600 TV stations across more than 85 countries.
- Faster retrospective/look-backs. No need to wait for full implementation—gain historic ad placement performance and the intelligence you need to start planning now for the future.
The partnership also presents forward-looking opportunities as the technologies evolve:
- Competitive deep-dives and measuring share of voice. Better understand what your competitors are doing, including local and national, and how you measure up.
- Capturing sponsorships and unique ad formats/lengths. Measurement of ad formats outside of the traditional :30 spot will pave the way for more accountability of costly product integrations, sponsorships, and custom marketing programs.
LiveRamp customers can leverage this partnership to map viewers’ ad exposure to actual purchases, store visits, app downloads, and other online or offline events and ultimately gain more robust, accurate, and actionable insights about TV audiences at scale.
“Through these enhanced analytics capabilities, TV marketers and media owners no longer have to concede to blind spots when evaluating the value and impact of their expenditures,” said John Hoctor, GM of LiveRamp TV. “As viewership continues to fragment throughout the rapidly changing TV landscape, the value of cross-screen measurement and reporting increases tenfold. Access to Kinetiq’s intelligence platform allows us to connect the highest quantities of data with the agility and foresight necessary to deliver across any screen, be it linear, digital, streaming, or beyond.”
Interested in learning how LiveRamp can help you seamlessly plan, activate, measure, and quantify your TV spend? Contact info@LiveRamp.com.