A number of questions have come up regarding our core technology and how the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) impacts what we do. Here are the answers to some common questions we have received:
1. How is LiveRamp preparing for the CCPA?
Our preparation involves making several efforts to address compliance across the entirety of our business. These efforts include, but are not limited to:
- Classifying LiveRamp’s role in each of our workflows as a ‘service provider’ or ‘business’.
- Working with partners to remediate contracts, establishing compliance throughout our supply chain.
- Internal education efforts to cultivate broad awareness and knowledge of the tenets of the CCPA across our organization.
2. How does the CCPA impact LiveRamp’s technology?
While we still intend to support the same workflows as before, we are also creating new processes to enable consumers to exercise their rights. This includes creating the ability to support and propagate opt-out, deletion, and access requests from our clients and pass them downstream to our partners.
3. From a technical perspective, what have we done to help customers maintain compliance with the CCPA?
Beyond just enabling compliance for existing workflows, LiveRamp’s acquisition of Faktor, now LiveRamp Privacy Manager, helps enable compliance for the right to notice via just-in-time notices at the time of data collection, as well as compliance for the right to opt out via a “Do Not Sell My Personal Information” button. Further, companies with authentication data may go one step further by tying Privacy Manager’s Audit ID to first-party keys to notify client systems of consumer preferences and suppress any potential data sales.
Of course, no system is truly compliant without proof. To that end we also maintain audit trails to establish proof of compliance and peace of mind for marketers.
4. How does LiveRamp support consumer requests such as opt-outs and deletions?
LiveRamp developed workflows to ingest consumer requests from our clients and propagate them downstream. Each request type—opt-outs, deletions, and access requests—is ingested and processed separately before being passed downstream where relevant.
5. How does LiveRamp handle access requests?
If you are interested in hearing more about how LiveRamp fits into your CCPA compliance strategy, watch this webinar on our joint solution with WireWheel. Together with WireWheel’s technology, LiveRamp Privacy Manager helps you address several facets of the law with technology, including the Right to Notice, Right to Opt Out, Right to Access, and Right to Deletion.
For anyone working on adhering to data privacy regulations globally, it’s important to remember that compliance is an ongoing process. At LiveRamp, we look beyond compliance and build our systems and products based on a code of ethics.