You can dramatically increase the impact and efficiency of your marketing programs when you onboard your offline CRM and sales data into the digital marketing platforms you use every day.
LiveRamp now offers integrations with more than 250 marketing platforms, making it safe and easy for you to send your data wherever you choose.
As you explore LiveRamp further, it’s helpful to understand the different types of integrations we support:
- User Account Integrations – match your data records to media providers with addressable user accounts, including social networks, internet music services, major online publishers, and addressable TV providers
- Mobile Device ID Integrations – match your data to mobile device IDs used by marketing platforms for advertising through mobile apps
- Cookie Integrations – match your data to cookies that can be used by marketing platforms to reach consumers via desktop and mobile browsers
More information on how each of these integrations works is provided below.
USER ACCOUNT INTEGRATIONS
Large media providers often have extensive user bases, enabling us to provide integrations with high match rates. And the fact that the matches are connecting directly with registered users from these services means that the accuracy is at the highest level obtainable.
LiveRamp anonymizes and matches your data files to user accounts at these media providers through the following privacy-safe process:
- After we import your files, we use a process we call ‘offline recognition’ to match your records to AbiliTec® links. This enables us to consistently match your records to the same consumer within our system.
- AbiliTec links are then either matched to a partner ID developed for secure data transfer or used to augment a match data set with additional email or postal address data that may improve the chance of matching a record to the right user account.
- Finally, records are passed to partners either via the partner ID or via hashed email and postal data that has been anonymized to protect consumer privacy.
MOBILE ID INTEGRATIONS
Our mobile ID integrations work as follows:
- The offline recognition stage of the process for mobile ID integrations involves one additional step – after we match records to AbiliTec links, we use a hashing algorithm to ensure your records are anonymized and can no longer be tied to PII.
- From here, we match the hashed AbiliTec links to mobile device IDs through a process we call ‘online recognition’.
- We use deterministic linkage data – typically hashed login data from partners and clients – to perform accurate exact 1-to-1 matching of consumers to devices.
Finally, client records tied to mobile device IDs are passed to partners for running campaigns.
Our cookie integrations are similar to mobile integrations, but with one key difference – while the same mobile device IDs can be used by any platform, cookies aren’t transferable between systems.
Consequently, our cookie integrations involve a slightly different workflow:
These first two steps of the process are identical to how mobile integrations work. The online recognition process, however, is somewhat different.
Here we match hashed AbiliTec links to one or more LiveRamp cookies that have been synced with a partner cookie. To provide superior accuracy, we also use 100% deterministic linkage data (typically from logins or email opens) for our cookie integrations.
We’ve developed one of the world’s largest online footprints for collecting deterministic linkage data and managing partner ID syncs.
This is a key area of ongoing investment as we work to deliver even higher match rates and bring new integrations to market.
For more info on how LiveRamp integrations work, please reach out to your LiveRamp account executive or send us a question online.